• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Welcome ATCER's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not too worried about the uniforms. I'm more concerned about reports of devs getting canned for offering to work a holiday, CPCs at N90 getting canned for not reporting medication on their medical forms (even though the FAA knew about it from their sick leave), controllers not being able to leave the facility for lunch, etc. etc. I hear that stuff and I'd rather just keep flying.

I hear you all, I had to try it due to my age cut off. I got in before the sept 3rd Imposed work rules, and in this new D/R school stuff now. If i make it, ok, If not, back to ferrying or some commuter I go.

I instruct on the side though that keeps my happy.

What draconian work rules are you taking about? We had it so good for so long is the problem. We can't wear flip flops to work anymore, big deal. Now we wear slacks and polo shirts. It is waht you make of it. Pay is not as good as it used to be, but you are home every night and you could be wearing a monkey suit.

Probably the ones that have screwed up pay for the new guys, that make it impossible to get time off when I need it, and that have taken all union input off of scheduling so the few controllers we have left are assigned during the wrong parts of the day. The ones the frequently make it impossible to get an adequate relief briefing at shift change. The ones that have the faa paying overtime to cover shift relief when it didn't cost a dime before. The ones that have some moron supe who can't work traffic asking me for a detailed description of the color, quantity and quality of my snot and ******************** when I call in sick. Or needing a four page report from a doctor before they'll let me take a few days off when my child has surgery... I could go on...

Latest resources

Back